Archive for August, 2009
Is this Sasta Sata Scheme or Sasti Pitai Scheme
See the 01:57 time code of this video;
Achievement of Pak Blogistan; US Citizenship and Immigration Services Removed Balochistan from Country of Citizenship Column; still to go a long way
With thanks to Babar Jahangir, one of the visitors of my blog, who pointed out that the name of Baluchistan, has been taken out of the “USCIS Online Change of Address form”. After reading his email I checked the USCIS’s site where I found that the name Balochistan has been removed from the list of Country of Citizenship column.
The last time I checked the site was Tuesday, 25th August, the name was still there, so we can’t say that when has it actually happened, however the Super Lead story about the same published in daily Khabrian on yesterday 26th 2009 confirms that the name was there before 25th August 2009. The newspaper had also published screen shot of the same which could have been taken on the evening of 25th August before filing the story.
Khabrian is the second newspaper which has covered this story. Before, Daily Jasarat Karachi had published two columns news on its back page. The absence of news coverage of such a big issue in our mainstream media especially TV channels tells much negative about the role of our media, however, it has one good message for the society media journalists, blogger, they can do it by their own. The news broke by Teeth Maestro and highlighted by Talkhaba got immense coverage at the Blogosphere. It was then published Ahmed Quraishi, Pakistan Desk , Pak Alert Press, PKKH , Kashifiat, Sadda-e-Sindh, Defence PK, Pakistan Daily , pakistanforums.spaces.live.com , Siasat.pk, Haqeeqat, the current affairs and other blogs.
It worked partially. We would like to inform our readers that the US has removed Balochistan or Baluchistan from that list for which we are thankful to our “Masters” in Washington, although they still have to apologize for the notorious act. The Union of Patriotic Bloggers for Sovereign Pakistan (UPBSP) demands public apology by US authorities. We had demanded an official apology from US official and an immediate removal. The name has been removed and we hope that Pakistani diplomatic envoys will challenge the US officials for an official apology.
The moral of the story is that if united, we Bloggers can make a difference, a positive difference towards a sovereign Pakistan.
Dissenting Notes; the posts received both type of comments. To my surprise I received dozens of direct emails, all most all asking; do you know the miseries of Balochistan? Why did you present one side of picture? The most interesting reaction I received was of thebaluch.com which reads;
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s online change of address form (AR-11) offers ‘Baluchistan (Pakistan)’ as a ‘country of citizenship’ choice–along with other autonomous, one-time autonomous, disputed or independent entities. For ex., it lists ‘Cook Islands (NZ),’ described by Wikipedia as ‘a self-governing parliamentary democracy in free association with New Zealand. The US immigration site’s online registration form, however, does not list ‘Baluchistan (Pakistan)’ as a choice–simply ‘Pakistan.’ Nevertheless, it has one group (the Union of Patriotic for Sovereign Pakistan–UPBSP) rattled. This ‘newly formed network’ has started a ‘Containment of USA’ campaign. Its website states that ‘Some US government departments are quietly preparing the ground for the warlike act of recognizing Pakistan’s Balochistan province as an independent state by assigning a separate checklist to Balochistan against the “Country of citizenship” column of Immigration Form for non-US nationals.
Where in my post Talkhaba have I used a single word against the Baloch’s rights? In order to resolve Balochistan Issue following step should be taken;
- Lodging of FIR against former dictator Pervez Musharraf for assassinating Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Bugti
- FIR should also be lodged for the murder of Baloch leaders in Turbat as per desire of their families
- Provincial autonomy to the provinces under the 1973 constitution the federation should retain only the departments of defense, communication and finance while rest of the departments should be handed over to the provinces.
- Gwadar port should be given under the control of provincial government. There must be an end to the role of land Mafia in Gwadar and the local people should be involved in development process there.
- Frontier Constabulary from Balochistan and putting the law enforcing agencies under the control of provincial government.
- Recovery of all missing people, ensuring human rights for the jailed people and providing shelter to homeless people of Balochistan.
- A commission under the CJ should be established for assessing loses due to operation in Balochistan and compensation for the affected person.
- Royalty of Gas and other mineral should be given to Balochistan.
- Dam should be build and special funds be established for uplifting the agriculture of province.
- Appropriate representation of Balochistan in federal bureaucracy and army.
- Special funds for buidlin educational and health infrastructure.
Being a Pukhtoon [of NWFP] sympathizer of my Baloch brothers, I have no sympathy for the separatist elements in Balochistan. They are not only the enemies of Pakistan but also Baloch people who are more patriotic than any other ethnic unit in Pakistan.
If All The Oil Reserves of Saudia Arab & Iran Put Together These Are Approximately 375 Billion Barrels, But A Single Thar Coal Reserve of Sindh is about 850 Trillion Cubic Feet, Which is More Than Oil Reserves Of Saudia & Iran.
These reserves estimated at 850 trillion cubic feet (TCF) of gas, about 30 times higher than Pakistan’s proven gas reserves of 28 TCF.
Dr Murtaza Mughal president of Pakistan Economy Watch in a statement said that these reserves of coal worth USD 25 trillion can not only cater the electricity requirements of the country for next 100 years but also save almost four billion dollars in staggering oil import bill.
Just 2% usage of Thar Coal Can Produce 20,000 Mega Watts of Electricity for next 40Years, without any single Second of Load Shedding.and if the whole reserves are utilized, then it could easily be imagined how much energy could be generated.
The coal power generation would cost Pakistan PKR 5.67 per unit while power generated by Independent Power Projects cost PKR 9.27.
It Requires Just Initial 420 Billion Rupees Initial Investment, Whereas Pakistan Receives annually 1220 Billion from Tax Only.
Chinese and other companies had not only carried out surveys and feasibilities of this project but also offered 100 percent investment in last 7 to 8 years but the “Petroleum Gang” always discouraged them in a very systematic way.
But Petroleum lobby, is very strong in Pakistan and they are against any other means of power generation except for the imported oil. This lobby is major beneficiary of the increasing oil bill that is estimated above 15 billion dollar this year. Even GOV. is planning to Sell all these reserve to a company on a very low price. When Pervez Musharraf was president he gave green signal to embark upon the initiation of work on exploiting energy potential of these coal reserves of Thar under a modern strategy.
Think About This, How We Can Help Our Home Land .
Spread this knowledge among all Pakistanis.
By: Shakil Ahmad – Australia
It’s an open secret that the Americans use their embassies to conduct intelligence and covert operations in the host country. There is no need to go in the explanation of such operations, as we clearly understand the America is involved in anti-state activities in Pakistan. Besides the official attachments of their civil and military personnel in our establishment and cantonments, they have created a scattered network of minor covert command centres in different key locations in Pakistan. Following the attacks on some of their centres, especially the Marriot Hotel, Islamabad and Peshawar, they manipulated to have a formally protected command centre along with a military base in disguise of Embassy in Islamabad.
They secured a very precious and strategic land of 18 acres just on the very back of the Presidency, at a dirt cheap rate of Rs 1 billion only. As they want to live next to their friends, the puppy and puppet rulers of this nation. Who granted them this a land? Nobody else but our democratic leadership while ensuring their traditional commission. Following the failure of buying the Marriot Peshawar, they are going to make a state within state by building a de facto military base in disguise of an embassy, the world’s second largest American embassy in the world. It would be equipped with all necessary command, control and communication hardware along with hundreds of soldiers on this military base. And above all, it’s around the Presidency, Parliament, Secretariat and GHQ. What else they may wish for? Without firing a single bullet, they are getting a de facto control of the nerve centre of Pakistan, to take charge of Presidency, parliament and GHQ, as they did in Iraq. Where is the writ of Zardari and Kiyani now? Isn’t a seamless challenge to their so called bloody writ, which they rut every time before their own people?
What the hell an embassy is meant to do on a foreign soil. It’s only to coordinate and bridge the diplomatic ties between the two countries. But neither have they granted visas to Pakistanis easily nor do they involve in any promotion of trade and technology. Then what are they are doing? They are simply coordinating and facilitating the military operations, political manipulations bedsides sponsoring the Politicians, Generals, Journalists, Scholars and NGOs through media to destroy the socio-political and econo-religious fabric of Pakistani society. The current strength of 750 personnel in US embassy is already more than the double of its limit. Now around 1000 strategic civil and military personnel are preparing in US to report to this new military base, in disguise of an embassy in Islamabad.
Our civil and military leadership has turned their eyes blind to their activities. Just because they are their subordinates. The planted NRO criminals are looting and deceiving the nation in the name of democracy, whereas the sponsored military is fighting their war to eliminate all such elements resisting the American agenda, under the cover of war of terror. Who are these people? They are the traitors of this nation, who not only sacrificed the integrity, peace and prosperity but also the honour by selling the daughters of this nation to please their American masters. Just wait and see, whose daughter is the next? Don’t they deserve to be made a symbol of Ibrat?
Everybody should realize the gravity of the situation and do whatever he can in his personal, political or official capacity to rescue Pakistan. It’s a constitutional binding upon all to disobey any unconstitutional, unlawful and any such order which is against the interest of the nation. Anybody who supports such a sponsored leadership, due to his personal liking or interest, is indirectly involved in the treason against the state and it’s people and would be responsible for any national disaster. A leader or an officer by himself is nothing without the support of workers or subordinates. Now it’s a test of our conscience, whether we prefer the national interest over the personal benefit or not. If we can’t, then there is no need to cry when suffering from poverty, injustice and humiliation all around. Only those nations survive and are respected, whose people sacrifice their individual interest over the collective benefit and sort out the evils. Choice is simple. Be remembered like a rich but hated Mir Jafar or live like a nationalist but honoured like in China.
Shakil Ahmad is the President, University of W Sydney-ERP Union Journalist Intl Press, Australia. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is the client of XDS? XDS an Unauthorized US based manufacturer of Armored Personnel Carriers (APCs) and bulletproof Jackets in Pakistan?
We should thank the Karachi based young and genius investigative journalist Shaukat Ali for breaking the story of unauthorized APCs and bulletproof jackets manufacturing company in Karachi. On 19th august 2009 Mr. Shaukat reported the story and told that the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of XDS, Khurram Hamirani fled to Dubai while the Chief Operating Officer (COO) Saba managed to escape to Islamabad, however the law enforcing agencies sealed the office record which could be useful during investigation.
The very next day, on Thursday, August 20, 2009 the veteran Ansar Abbasi gave a follow-up but most comprehensive story. FIR has been lodged against the private company which produced unauthorized Armored Personnel Carriers (APCs) with banned imported items like ballistic steels and glasses and sold them to some of the security agencies.
“Moreover, the company has also been allegedly involved in the import of bullet-proof jackets but declared them to the customs department as floor mats.” Ansar Abbasi reports and informs “The interior ministry denied to have given any NoC to the company — M/s XDS (Xtreme Defence System) Pakistan (Pvt) Limited — to manufacture APCs, the commerce ministry had never allowed it to import the banned materials, the defence production ministry also never permitted the company to manufacture APCs but still it produced at least 14 APCs and sold them to FC Balochistan and others” This confirms that whatever the company has been doing was unlawful and any type of dealing with that unauthorized and unlawful company also becomes illegal.
Some interesting points about this unauthorized company mentioned in the story of Ansar Abbasi.
- The company has sold these APCs to the FC Balochistan through a general order contractor, who on his own approached XDS for the manufacture of the APCs.
- Sources in the customs insist manufacturing of the APCs and armoring of vehicles was being even done by the XDS before September 20
- It had been involved in retrofitting of some official vehicles, including that of the Prime Minister’s secretariat but it was done on behalf of some government agency.
- The company has been working in association with the Heavy Industries Taxila.
- Sources in the customs claim the XDS had manufactured eight APCs and retrofitted the same number of cars before September 20, 2008.
- Meanwhile, the customs intelligence lodged a formal FIR against the company and its chief executive officer early this month; however, sources said the full scale of duty evasion in Karachi has not been revealed in the said FIR.
- The same company has been involved in similar illegal and mis-declared undervalued goods at the Rawalpindi Air Freight Unit.
- According to the FIR, “M/s XDS Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd., (NTN No: 3012318-6) and M/s Xtreme Defence System (Pvt) Ltd. (NTN No: 2675326), situated at XDS House, D-39, Block-5, Clifton, Karachi, have imported multiple consignments of Ballistic Steel, Ballistic Glass, Ballistic Steel Kits and various other restricted/banned items falling under PCT (Pakistan customs tariff) heading 8710.0000 by mis-declaring their description, quantity, value and PCTs, besides violating the ITC rules, and have cleared the same by declaring the description as “Mild Steel Plates (Premium), Hot Rolled Steel Plates, Steel Plates, Wind Shield Glass, Car Glass, Car Mats”, etc., and number of consignments of “Safety and Security Film” mis-declared as “Polyester Film” from the Karachi Air Freight Unit and have; thus, caused huge loss to the national exchequer in terms of millions of rupees.
- The mis-declared consignments were cleared with the active connivance and abetment of the others, including the clearing agents.
- A meager amount of the customs duties and other taxes have been paid on these imported goods, whereas, huge amount of freight was paid for such banned items, which clearly depict that the mis-declared goods which were airlifted were actually high-valued items and were specifically used to manufacture “Armoured Personnel Carriers” (APCs), and for retrofitting “Bullet Proof Vehicles”.
- The preliminary investigation so far conducted has revealed that M/s XDS Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd., and M/s Xtreme Defence Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd., have supplied 14 APCs, 23 armoured vehicles to their clients all over Pakistan.
In the light of above facts these questions arises;
- How did an unauthorized company sell APCs to FC Balochistan?
- Under which Law the government especially the prime minister secretariat got the official vehicles retrofitted by an unauthorized company?
- Its association with the Heavy Industries Taxila is another big question mark.
- Will the prime minister who dismissed a corrupt Chairman of Pakistan Steel Mills, take actions against the elements within Prime Minister Secretariat?
- What criteria and procedure is for dealing with outsourced agencies and firms is? If any procedure is followed then did why the prime minister secretariats hire an unauthorized company for retrofitting official vehicles?
- How did the XDS become the exhibitor in official Idea Pakistan 2008 (Please see the list)?
- The preliminary investigation so far conducted has revealed that M/s XDS Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd., and M/s Xtreme Defence Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd., have supplied 14 APCs, 23 armoured vehicles to their clients all over Pakistan. Who are the clients? Are these clients security agencies and governments or the products is also sold to “individuals” and “group”?
- Its function and delivery of its products put a big question mark on the role of Pakistan’s intelligence agencies and consignments clearing system.
- What is the connection of MQM’s minister for shipping, Babar Khan Ghauri? If investigated from this point of view the story will certainly provide a clue about the possible clients of XDS.
- Xtreme Defense Systems (XDS) is a US based company that specializes in safety and security technology. Its products are in usage in Government offices, critical facilities and Army bases; guarding these against threat of terrorism, intrusion, burglary and natural disasters. It “ABOUT US” tells us much about the company’s intentions. Especially the selling of bulletproof jackets raises the eyebrow of every sensible Pakistani being aware of US activities in Pakistan in general and its arms support to the separatist elements in Balochistan.
A newly formed blogger network of Pakistani Bloggers namely Union of Patriotic Bloggers for Sovereign Pakistan (UPBSP) has started “Containment of USA” Campaign which aims at containing US and confining it to its diplomatic role guaranteed under the international law. The other aim of the campaign is to compel Pakistani rulers to act as sovereign Pakistan dreamed by Alama Muhammad Iqbal and hundreds of thousands of Muslims who had given sacrifices with the hope that their next generation will live in a sovereign and independent Muslim State.
It is impetrative to mention some of the criminal activities of world Terrorist No-1 and rogue state, United State of America.
The top most and recent of which is the notorious act of recognizing Balochistan as an independent state by assigning a separate checklist to Balochistan against the “Country of citizenship” column of Immigration Form for non US national. This is the infamous effort of changing the dream of Free Baluchistan explained in Blood Border into reality as also pointed out by Awab Alvi.
Ahmed Qureshi’s website provides much stuff about the Blackwater’s activities in Peshawar. The construction of US Castle in Islamabad and suspicious activities of US marines near the brigade headquarters of Pakistan’s Special Operation Task Force (SOTF) in Turbilla are well exposed by Saleem Shehzad in Asia times online.
We have no objection if US embassy in Islamabad and its consulates in Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar work in the frame work of International Law. However, unlawful activities in the name of the so-called war on terror and expanding relationships are unacceptable and will be resisted through peaceful struggle which may also culminate in the end of the present regime.
We also urge the present government to act as the real government and not as agent of US.
We assure that the patriotic youth will stand by our government and army if they resisted to the US expansionistic designs.
The schedule for rallies and demonstrations will be announced shortly.
Any Pakistani Blogger can join the network by simply showing his consent through email at email@example.com
Please send your resentments under subject “Containment of USA” at the following address.
Press Attaché and Country Information Officer
To ensure that your voice reaches to authorities at both sides, after sending emails to the US embassy in Islamabad, I also send an email to our ambassador in Washington on his personal email. See it below.
A survey commissioned by Al Jazeera in Pakistan has revealed a widespread disenchantment with the United States for interfering with what most people consider internal Pakistani affairs.
The polling was conducted by Gallup Pakistan, an affiliate of the Gallup International polling group, and more than 2,600 people took part.
Interviews were conducted across the political spectrum in all four of the country’s provinces, and represented men and women of every economic and ethnic background.
When respondents were asked what they consider to be the biggest threat to the nation of Pakistan, 11 per cent of the population identified the Taliban fighters, who have been blamed for scores of deadly bomb attacks across the country in recent years.
Another 18 per cent said that they believe that the greatest threat came from neighbouring India, which has fought three wars with Pakistan since partition in 1947.
But an overwhelming number, 59 per cent of respondents, said the greatest threat to Pakistan right now is, in fact, the US, a donor of considerable amounts of military and development aid.
Tackling the Taliban
The resentment was made clearer when residents were asked about the Pakistan’s military efforts to tackle the Taliban. Keeping with recent trends a growing number of people, now 41 per cent, supported the campaign.
About 24 per cent of people remained opposed, while another 22 per cent of Pakistanis remained neutral on the question.
A recent offensive against Taliban fighters in the Swat, Lower Dir and Buner districts of North West Frontier Province killed at least 1,400 fighters, according to the military, but also devastated the area and forced two million to leave their homes.
The military has declared the operation a success, however, some analysts have suggested that many Taliban fighters simply slipped away to other areas, surviving to fight another day.
When people were asked if they would support government-sanctioned dialogue with Taliban fighters if it were a viable option the numbers change significantly.
Although the same 41 per cent said they would still support the military offensive, the number of those supporting dialogue leaps up to 43 per cent.
So clearly, Pakistanis are, right now, fairly evenly split on how to deal with the Taliban threat.
However, when asked if they support or oppose the US military’s drone attacks against what Washington claims are Taliban and al-Qaeda targets, only nine per cent of respondents reacted favourably.
A massive 67 per cent say they oppose US military operations on Pakistani soil.
“This is a fact that the hatred against the US is growing very quickly, mainly because of these drone attacks,” Makhdoom Babar, the editor-in-chief of Pakistan’s The Daily Mail newspaper, said.
“Maybe the intelligence channels, the military channels consider it productive, but for the general public it is controversial … the drone attacks are causing collateral damage,” he told Al Jazeera.
A senior US official told Al Jazeera he was not surprised by the poll’s findings.
The US has a considerable amount of work to do to make itself better understood to the Muslim world, he said.
And it would take not only educational and economic work to win over the Pakistani people but also a concerted effort to help the Pakistani government deal with “extremist elements” that are trying to disrupt security within Pakistan, he added.
Nearly 500 people, mostly suspected Taliban and al-Qaeda fighters, are believed to have been killed in about 50 US drone attacks since August last year, according to intelligence agents, local government officials and witnesses.
Washington refuses to confirm the raids, but the US military in neighbouring Afghanistan and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) are the only forces operating in the area that are known to have the technology.
The government in Islamabad formally opposes the attacks saying that they violate Pakistani sovereignty and cause civilian casualties which turn public opinion against efforts to battle the Taliban.
Lieutenant-General Hamid Nawaz Khan, a former caretaker interior minister of Pakistan, told Al Jazeera that US pressure on Pakistan to take on the Taliban was one reason for the backlash.
“Americans have forced us to fight this ‘war on terror’… whatever Americans wanted they have been able to get because this government was too weak to resist any of the American vultures and they have been actually committing themselves on the side of America much more than what even [former president] Pervez Musharraf did,” he said.
The consensus of opinion in opposition to US military involvement in Pakistan is notable given the fact that on a raft of internal issues there is a clear level of disagreement, something which would be expected in a country of this size. When asked for their opinions on Asif Ali Zardari, the current Pakistani president, 42 per cent of respondents said they believed he was doing a bad job. Around 11 per cent approved of his leadership, and another 34 per cent had no strong opinion either way.
That pattern was reflected in a question about Zardari’s Pakistan People’s party (PPP).
Respondents were asked if they thought the PPP was good or bad for the country.
About 38 per cent said the PPP was bad for the country, 20 per cent believed it was good for the country and another 30 per cent said they had no strong opinion.
Respondents were even more fractured when asked for their views on how the country should be led.
By far, the largest percentage would opt for Nawaz Sharif, a former prime minister and leader of the Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) party, as leader. At least 38 per cent backed him to run Pakistan.
Last month, the Pakistani supreme court quashed Sharif’s conviction on charges of hijacking, opening the way for him to run for political office again.
Zardari, the widower of assassinated former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, received only nine per cent support, while Reza Gilani, Pakistan’s prime minister, had the backing of 13 per cent.
But from there, opinions vary greatly. Eight per cent of the population would support a military government, 11 per cent back a political coalition of the PPP and the PML-N party.
Another six per cent would throw their support behind religious parties and the remaining 15 per cent would either back smaller groups or simply do not have an opinion.
Babar told Al Jazeera that Zardari’s unpopularity was understandable given the challenges that the country had faced since the September 11, 2001 attacks on the US.
“Any president in Pakistan would be having the same popularity that President Zardari is having, because under this situation the president of Pakistan has to take a lot of unpopular decisions,” he said.
“He is in no position to not take unpopular decisions that are actually in the wider interests of the country, but for common people these are very unpopular decisions.”